HMAC’s Reekers Flying Field is currently
“OPEN for Flying”
Covid19 restrictions no longer apply
Please note of the following guidelines when visiting the HMAC field no longer apply at the present time, this may change in the future.
We are keeping these available for future reference.
Please follow Covid Government guidelines when visiting the HMAC field plus follow our local requirements below.
Covid guidelines are here for your information
Health & Safety:
- Social Distancing rules apply. Maintain 1 metre separation.
- Anyone feeling unwell or with potential Covid-19 symptoms must stay away.
- You must be a current 2021-2022 member to resume flying.
- Everyone (includes visitors) must Scan the Covid Location Poster or fill out the Contact Tracing Register in the Letter Box upon arrival at the field. Please sanitise your hands immediately afterwards.
- Bring your own hand Sanitiser and Bacterial Wet Wipes etc to the field for your use.
- Bring a soapy water spray or similar for sanitising your planes and equipment (eg: Handy Andy, Dettol, dishwashing soap or similar in a spray bottle with cleaning rags/paper towels). Please take home all of your own rubbish and cleaning items.
- Take home “all” of your rubbish including paper towels, gloves, rags, food items and any potentially contaminated items.
- Sanitise hands before and after putting the fence “down or up” and when closing the road gate. Alternatively use gloves.
- Sanitise all public equipment before and after use: eg Club Chairs, Table Handles, Road Cones and any club equipment used from the shed.
- Do not touch other peoples aircraft or equipment unless asked to do so by the owner and sanitise hands immediately afterwards.
- Sanitise/clean your aircraft, Transmitter, Starting Equipment & Tools etc regularly if others are to handle these items.
- Maintain 2 metre separation
- Use the starting poles or a model restraint for your aircraft when starting IC motors
- Main runway: Only three pilots to be flying at a time from the pilots box.
- Only fly whilst standing on the painted pavers or remain a minimum of 2m apart
- Electric and glider flying: may take place from the paddock on the north side of the car park. There is no restriction on number of pilots flying from here, however remain 2m apart.
- In the unlikely event that you or anybody you come in contact with develops Covid-19
you must contact a member of the committee immediately to assist with contact tracing.
Dated 04/12/2021 – HMAC Committee