HMAC’s June 2020 Flight Lines Newsletter is now online and ready to read under the “Newsletters” Tab of our web page http://www.hamiltonmac.org.nz/.
Still playing it safe under Covid level 2, we have decided not to hold our June Club Night Meeting which was scheduled for Wednesday 10th June. Therefore our June club night is CANCELLED.
The good news though, at this point we fully expect to have monthly Club Nights back up and running in July…watch this space.
HMAC’s Reekers Flying Field is now
“Open for Flying”
Covid19 level 1 restrictions
Although we are currently at Covid Level 1, we would appreciate it if you still practiced many of the Level 2 guidelines when visiting the HMAC field.
Therefore Covid Level 2 guidelines remain here for your information
Health & Safety:
- Social Distancing rules apply. Maintain 2 metres separation
- Anyone feeling unwell or with potential Covid-19 symptoms must stay away
- You must be a current 2020-2021 member to resume flying
- Everyone (includes visitors) must fill out the Contact Tracing Register in the Letter Box upon arrival at the field. Please sanitise your hands immediately afterwards (THIS ITEM REMAINS IN PLACE UNDER LEVEL 1)
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the field
- Bring a soapy water spray or similar for sanitising your planes and equipment (eg: Handy Andy, Dettol, dishwashing soap or similar in a spray bottle with cleaning rags/paper towels)
- Sanitise hands before and after putting the fence “down or up” and when closing the road gate
- Sanitise all public equipment before and after use: eg Club Chairs, Table Handles, Road Cones and any club equipment used from the shed
- Do not touch other peoples aircraft or equipment unless asked to do so by the owner and sanitise hands immediately afterwards
- Sanitise/clean your aircraft, Transmitter, Starting Equipment & Tools etc regularly if others handle these items
- Take home “all” of your rubbish including paper towels, gloves, rags, food items and any potentially contaminated items
- Maintain 2 metres separation
- Use the starting poles or a model restraint for your aircraft when starting IC motors
- Main runway: Only three pilots to be flying at a time from the pilots box.
- Only fly whilst standing on the painted pavers & remain a minimum of 2m apart
- Electric and glider flying: may take place from the paddock on the north side of the carpark. There is no restriction on number of pilots flying from here, however remain 2m apart.
- In the unlikely event that you or anybody you come in contact with develops Covid-19
You must contact a member of the committee immediately for contact tracing purposes
Dated 17 June 2020 – HMAC Committee
Can anyone help Lance??
Lance is looking for a con rod for a ED 1.46 Hornet Vintage Diesel engine
He’s also looking for a conrod for a DC Spitfire
Does anyone know someone with parts or even someone who wants to sell a complete engine?